My Blog

Internet Explorer users scroll down. Or get a not crappy browser like Firefox.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A little rambling

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Relax, I'm just kidding

That little diddy was a product of this site. You can guess some of the other messed up stuff I've been reading.

Well, my job situation has improved dramatically. So, I'm happy.

The Mets seem to have found their rhythmn, so I'm happy. Unfortunatly, I didn't get to go to the game because my job situation changed.



I think I won't be going to any Italian soccer games anytime soon.

What gets me is it wasn't just one guy or a few idiots getting drunk in the parking lot and deciding on this. This was a few hundred people in an organized effort.

Seeing as to how many of these games breaks out in to violence, aren't there security guards doing pat downs on people coming in? And if so, what was the reasonable explination for the road flares? "We thought we were going to have a flat in the food court."

We go apeshit here if people throw beer onto the court. I can't imagine the response here if people tried to light the field on fire.



I was down town by Washington Square Park yesterday when a protest was going on. I guess Supreme Court Justice Scalia was making some sort of appearance at NYU and people wanted to let him know they didn't care too much for him.

I don't want this to be about politics. I really don't. I'm not trying to insult or put down the protestors. I respect and encourage their excersising their First Ammednment rights. There is just one thing that baffles me.

They would do their chants for a minute or so and then start cheering wildly like they just won something. I thought some celebrity had shown up to join them. Or maybe Scalia had come out and admitted he was wrong and that he now saw things their way. They were apparently just really happy they successfully accomplished their slogans.

I just don't get why this was worth cheering.

Being an independant with conservative leanings, I didn't join them. Since I was down there bar hopping, I wasn't in any shape to join them if I wanted to anyway. I just found it amusing.



Thats it for now. I think I'll just sit back and revel in my new lucrative job-ful-ness and watch some old movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home